Garage Sale Finds Worth Buying?

Decorating By kel58 Updated 25 Oct 2011 , 2:09am by kel58

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 7

A local area garage sale facebook group has posting up for a lady selling of a lot of bakeware. The majority of the lot is cupcake tins in varying sizes and depth by the looks of it. There is also a set of 3 square cake pans. I'm waiting to hear what sizes they are but im curious if they are worth getting. The post says that they are older and in the pic a couple of the cupcake tins look a little tarnished.
Can something go wrong with old tins? Could they perhaps be made of a different metal that doesn't work as well as the new pans?
I'm also not sure cause it says they have removable bottoms?

This is the post:
BAKING DISHES....SOME ARE QUITE OLD SO MADE REALLY WELL, NAME BRANDS ARE MIRRO, BAKE-RITE TINWARE, AND EKCO, LOTS OF DIFFERENT SIZE AND DEPTH MUFFIN TINS AND A 3 PIECE SQUARE REMOVABLE BOTTOMS CAKE PAN SET, SOME MARKS BECAUSE OF THE AGE BUT MOST ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, ASKING $12. FOR THE WHOLE LOT

6 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 7

Unless they're made of lead, which I doubt, they should be fine. For this price, you can't go wrong! icon_smile.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 7

$12 FOR THE WHOLE LOT? ONLY $12? If you don't buy them, I will! icon_biggrin.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 7

i have a few old tin pans myself...that price is great!
icon_lol.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 7

I have some very, veery old Wilton shaped pans...... anyone interested? icon_smile.gif

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 7

You should be fine. It is rare you would find square pans with removable bottoms. You can find circle ones but sounds like they are unique as well. The square ones would be great for cheesecakes as well as cakes.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:09am
post #7 of 7

As long as this lady is ok waiting untill sunday for me to come then they are MINE! lol i hope they work out for me.
I don't currently own any square pans so it will be nice to have the option. Covering a square with BC or fondant intimidate me to this will give me a chance to face my fear.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%