Water Droplets On Roses

Decorating By KatsSuiteCakes Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 3:07am by KatsSuiteCakes

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 9

I need some help on how to accomplish this effect.
Appreciate any insight!

TIA
Kat

8 replies
cookiemom51 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have a pic to show, but I used some of the smallest edible diamonds available to get that effect on some gp roses I did for a wedding cake. I attached them with some thinned RI. The effect was very pretty.

MaurorLess67 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 9

You can also use- piping gel- that works good

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much.
Great ideas, and I'll try both.

I'm curious as to how well the piping gel held up Maurorless?

MaurorLess67 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 4:24am
post #5 of 9

I let it drip on- to form a droplet- and I have to say- it held up well- granted- the weather was cooperative (not humid, or raining) and there was very limited travel. It wasn't totally a perfect round droplet, but... it def looked like dew on a rose-

I wonder though, if I had placed it a day or two ahead, if it would have dried a little rounder- hmm- I will probably never know, as I am ALWAYS finishing the cake as I'm walking out the door. I'm always so jealous of those who stick to their timetable-

Awaiting your results!!!

Mo

MCurry Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 5:09am
post #6 of 9

We used glucose. It is clear and thick.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:24am
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone!!

You've been incredibly helpful!!

Kitagrl Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:57am
post #8 of 9

You can also carefully use liquid isomalt...when its nice and hot, drip some off the tip of a toothpick and quickly pull away.

I never tried it on a rose, but I used it to make a tears running down a gumpaste figurine's face and it worked great.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 3:07am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

You can also carefully use liquid ...when its nice and hot, drip some off the tip of a toothpick and quickly pull away.

I never tried it on a rose, but I used it to make a tears running down a gumpaste figurine's face and it worked great.

Ironically Kitagrl, I just made my go to hard candy recipe, and cooked it long enough to get a few droplets to hang from a toothpick. Not quite to the hard crack stage, and it worked beautifully................I've never used Isomalt, but maybe I'll get a chance to try that in the near future.

Thanks so much for the input.

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%