Alternate Uses For Oreo Chocolate Covered Molds?

Sugar Work By Pebbles1727 Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 9:02pm by bobwonderbuns

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have any cool ideas for oreo molds? I have a few of them, and kinda getting bored with choco covered oreos? Also, what kind of chocolate do you use for those? Regular candy melts just taste funny to me ...
Thanks, P

10 replies
Pebbles1727 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:05am
post #2 of 11

this is weird, I know I did not post this in candy forum...my question had nothing to do with pulled sugar or candy making....hmmm icon_sad.gif

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:34am
post #3 of 11

I dust the molds with flour or spray them with a light coat of cooking spray. I use the NFSC recipe with almost no baking powder in it so they don't puff up too much when baked. Place a ball of dough in the mold and flattened it down with something round that will press the dough evenly into the mold like a bottle cover or a small glass. You want the bottle cover, etc. to be as close to the size of the mold as possible so the dough flattens down evenly in the mold. I weigh each portion of dough to get the same appearance to each baked cookie. I find that the cookie dough should be about 3/8 inch thick in the bottom of the mold not counting the design portion of the mold. Turn the dough out over a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake as usual. I find this is the easiest if the dough is cold or by placing the filled molds in the freezer for a bit. There are a ton of ways to decorate the finished cookies. Have fun and share any neat ways that you come up with for decorating these.

lynn780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn780 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 11

I read somewhere that someone put some cake pops in the center of the chocolate & covered just like you would the oreos. I may try that one, it may be cute with some of the molds.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 11

I have used them and made peanut butter cups, mint patties, cake pops, or anything that will fit inside them after you put the first coat of candy in it.
I use Ghiradelli chocolate most of the time, but now I have Merckens brand.

Pebbles1727 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks you all, I did not think about cake pops...I guess because of the shape, LOL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies4kids

I dust the molds with flour or spray them with a light coat of cooking spray. I use the NFSC recipe with almost no baking powder in it so they don't puff up too much when baked. Place a ball of dough in the mold and flattened it down with something round that will press the dough evenly into the mold like a bottle cover or a small glass. You want the bottle cover, etc. to be as close to the size of the mold as possible so the dough flattens down evenly in the mold. I weigh each portion of dough to get the same appearance to each baked cookie. I find that the cookie dough should be about 3/8 inch thick in the bottom of the mold not counting the design portion of the mold. Turn the dough out over a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake as usual. I find this is the easiest if the dough is cold or by placing the filled molds in the freezer for a bit. There are a ton of ways to decorate the finished cookies. Have fun and share any neat ways that you come up with for decorating these.

Did I miss something here? You bake in the chocolate mold? Chocolate molds aren't designed for high oven temps unless they are the white ones (designed for molten sugar.) Please clarify.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 11

No baking in them.

Further in she wrote how she turns the cookie out onto a sheet to bake. She uses them for a mold only.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 11

Fill two Ritz crackers with peanut butter and use those in place of the Oreo. Placed in the molds and filled with milk chocolate....Reeses Cup! I used to make them before they came out with these cool molds, just by dipping them in chocolate, but these molds are awesome!

Pebbles1727 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 11

uhhhhh, I like that!!! My fam would adore these! Got all I need at home too icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 9:02pm
post #11 of 11

Oh okay, I missed that part. Thanks for clearing that up! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%