Betty Crocker Cakes Change

Lounge By pmw Updated 24 Oct 2011 , 2:36pm by TexasSugar

pmw Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 2

I just found out the Betty Crocker has changed the size of their cake mixes. Therefore the amounts have changed also. I wrote them and they said that instead of raising prices they reduced the mixes by 3 oz. They also said the cakes would be lighter and fluffier. I went to the store and and the prices also went up with the size decrease. I have not tried the new product yet. They should have put something on the box to let us know. Please write to them and let them know how as cake decorators we feel about this. icon_sad.gif

1 reply
TexasSugar Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 2

Since prices vary at stores, was it BC that raised the price or was it the store?

I'm wondering if I'm the only one that isn't hugely bothered by this? BC is not the first company to do this, it has been going on for years and years.

I've used the new mix one time, I didn't do any doctoring to it, and I didn't have any problem with it.

This is a good reminder though, for anyone that writes out 'recipes' to use sizes instead of using 1 can of such in such. Because the size can your grandmother used to make something, probably isn't the same size of can they sell now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%