Birthday Cake For Hubby

Decorating By zakhan Updated 25 Oct 2011 , 3:12pm by zakhan

zakhan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zakhan Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 9

Hello ladies,
Just want your opinions about a colorful cake for a husband birthday with flowers and heart. Confused about what color scheme will good for men and which flowers. I have to make a small cake for 10 serving.Need suggestions form the experts. Do u think blue base and pink and white roses goes for man birthdays?

8 replies
Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 9

How about blue and taupe / mocha colour combo on an ivory background - quite masculine but still pretty?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 9

I agree more w/Emmar. I often use shades of brown/tan/taupe etc with green and blue for men's
cakes. For flowers bachelor buttons are great. Dasies, sunflowers, black eyed susans are also good choices .
Does he have a favorite flower (or 2,3,,,,)? I probably would stay away from pink. Will your flowers be made from b'cream or fondant/gp?

zakhan Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you for your suggestions, there is no favorite flowers. I will make the flowers with gum paste.

zakhan Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 9

Can I use daises cutter to make black eyed Susan or sunflower?

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 9

Yes, you can use daisy cutters for blackeyed susans and sunflowers. You just alter the center. Add some paint for dimension.

Every year my husband just asks for chocolate and icing - no fondant, no fancy-schmancy flavors or designs (his words). There are just three of us so I usually comply and make him a small cake, (all brown due to chocolate) with a simple border top and bottom. I include happy birthday and sometimes a few flowers/roses in shades of brown if possible. Usually nothing to snap a picture of. This year I'd been planning a cake in his favorite football team's theme. I've been thinking about the general design for a while, thinking small and chocolate flavor while making the outside white so I can make a decorated cake. I asked him last week what he wanted and of course he told me the same plai-jane, don't go to any trouble story. I told him I never get to make him a great cake because he never wants much. While I appreciate his thoughtfulness in not wanting me to go to a lot of effort since I'm always doing cakes for others and from time to time like to have a week or weekend of. (I have a full time job outside of caking). I'd like him to allow me to do something for him, too.

He finally complied. He said I could make him a Glock cake and even got out one of his so I could take pictures of it. Now I'm so nervous, I hope it turns out well!

zakhan Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 10:26am
post #7 of 9

I am bothering you again. The lady ask for basket weaves design in brown color on the side of the heart shape cake so what do you think which color flowers combo will go with this.
How can I get a true orange color for daisies.
Thanks

rara1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rara1975 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 9

I agree that blues and sage greens go well with brown. Its a tough one putting flowers on a mans heart shaped cake - square would have even been a more manly shape! lol

zakhan Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 3:12pm
post #9 of 9

You are right Rara ,but its not my choice, that why I am confused .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%