How Early Can I Make/decorate A Cake? (

Decorating By SeleneIAm Updated 23 Oct 2011 , 3:43am by cathyscakes

SeleneIAm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeleneIAm Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 3:32am
post #1 of 2

Okay, So I need to make an organ that is edible, and I have been assigned the heart, I decided since I couldn't think of any ideas, to make it a cake. It's not due until Halloween, but since I have had little experience I have decided to start doing it now, mostly just to practice and make the real one next weekend. Luckily the one I made now is okay looking, its actually made like how cake balls/pops are made (I decided to make the heart a little bigger than what a real human heart should be, and then make cake pops for the whole class (though this I am gonna definitely do next weekend)) and then instead of using chocolate melts I used fondant.

Anyways my question is, would the cake be too old if I turned it in, in like 10 days? Would I have to make another one?

AND If I (and most likely will) make another one could I start making it (along with the cake pops) 3-4 earlier?? Because I really don't want to do ALL a day prior...

I'm brand new at this whole making cake thing (I'm 16) but I have always wanted to try to bake and decorate a cake anyways (I always love and admire watching those baking shows on TV) so I'm actually kinda happy for the assignment...

1 reply
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 3:43am
post #2 of 2

Why don't you wrap the cake well and freeze it, 10 days sitting out would be too long if they are going to eat it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%