Need A Competition Worthy Cupcake Recipe/flavor??

Baking By forheavenscake Updated 24 Oct 2011 , 7:38am by scp1127

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 12:13am
post #1 of 9

I will be competing in a cupcake competition in December and I cannot decide on a flavor and stick with it. It's so much pressure!! LOL

I would like something holiday related that is warm and cozy. . . .something unique but not crazy that will turn people away from picking mine as a favorite.

As of right now I have thought about doing a Gingerbread Latte cupcake and was decided on that but now am second guessing again. LOL!!

Anyway, just thought I'd get a few more opinions on here before I stick with one . . what do you guys think. .keep the gingerbread or find something else??

8 replies
cole10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cole10 Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 12:48am
post #2 of 9

When I think of holidays I always think of anything peppermint!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 12:57am
post #3 of 9

one of my favorite holiday flavors is peppermint with white chocolate. The sharpness of the peppermint against the smooth richness of the white chocolate. Jingles my bells every time.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 1:07am
post #4 of 9

Yum, Peppermint with white chocolate sound great. I really like the tast of gingerbread too, but I think it's a flavor that people either love or hate.

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 1:48am
post #5 of 9

See that's waht I'm talking about. .my very first idea was a peppermint cupcake with white chocolate frosting. . .then changed it to the gingerbread thinking a warm, cozy flavor would be nicer than the sharpness of peppermint. . .oh my gosh this is so hard! LOL

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 2:46am
post #6 of 9

I agree with all the peppermint suggestions. Everything else (eggnog, gingerbread) people either love or hate.

hatchettgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hatchettgirl Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 3:03am
post #7 of 9

It is easy to get peppermint too strong. What about pumpkin? Walnut? I second guess myself ALL the time. It's so difficult to make the decision of what to do....of course, once the decision is made, you just do it and have fun. Make what you enjoy and fill most confident about making...what you like making and eating.

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 3:50am
post #8 of 9

Chocolate peppermint or eggnog - always a fav with customers, especially eggnog! If you want to be even more unique, you can try doing a rich fruitcake cupcake should be yummy with a hint on liquor for a little kick!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 7:38am
post #9 of 9

If you do eggnog, you will blow them away with the addition of Advocat liqueur, if you can use alcohol. It's my absolute favorite. It's an egg cream liqueur. Still use bourbon (I use Makers Mark), but add this too. This would be my holiday choice because I know I would be the only one in the competition with this flavor combination. Besides it's just incredible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%