Questions For The Bride

Decorating By nikki4199 Updated 23 Oct 2011 , 2:20am by SarahMdr

nikki4199 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4199 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:15am
post #1 of 2

What questions do you ask the bride when you first meet? Not an actual tasting.

1 reply
SarahMdr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahMdr Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 2:20am
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki4199

What questions do you ask the bride when you first meet? Not an actual tasting.

Hi Nikki4199 ~ I am assuming you mean when you meet the bride to discuss the cake? I think this is what you mean.. (If not, this reply will sound odd!) but I hope this helps a bit..

Before I meet with the bride/couple... I try and get as much information as I can from her on the phone so I have an idea of what she is wanting so I can be prepared when we meet in person. Before we meet, I want to know how many people she is expecting at the wedding, indoor/outdoor, does she have any flavors/frostings in mind, decorations, square or round, budget etc etc ..

Then, when we meet in person, I will have a sketch of the cake, and/or cake flavors/frosting combinations/decorations printed out or ready to tell her about, so it's easy for her to say yes.. We will then discuss what "she" wants .. we will then work together to come up with a plan ("cake") that will work within her/their budget. Do not hesitate to discuss the budget (with a smile of course).. if you are not comfortable giving her a price on the spot, or are just discussing ideas at that point, just say you will get back to her..

So basically the questions I ask her when we meet in person are basically going over what we discussed on the phone.. or finalizing the deal if that makes sense. I want to walk away with an agreement on the deposit and a clear understanding of what she wants for her cake... Just be yourself and ask her questions about the wedding, what she wants ... you will be surprised how easy it goes!

That was a long post... I hope that helped in someway, lol ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%