Please Help!!!! Cake Pops???

Baking By phoufer Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 1:09pm by QueenMum89

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 11

I am making 250 cake pops for a wedding and the sticks won't stay in the cake pops! I chilled pops then put sticks in using candy melts but when I try to dip them in the candy melts the pops split and the sticks fall out. Is my cake mixture the problem? I really need some advice asap icon_cry.gif

10 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 12:24am
post #2 of 11

As long as your pops are holding their shape after rolling, that may not be the problem. Dip your stick liberally with the melted chocolate and then after inserting into the pops, refrigerate them again until the chocolate on the stick is nice and hard.

Also, your dipping chocolate can be thinned with some Crisco. If it's too thick, your stick will pull off when dipping. Experiment with a couple of pops, and you can keep adding Crisco in small amounts till the consistency is right.

HTH
Kat

nikki4199 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4199 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:17am
post #3 of 11

Not sure how far are you putting the stick in? I only stick mine in half way.

phoufer Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:33am
post #4 of 11

I am only putting stick half way in so maybe the candy melts are too thick. I will try thinning it out and see if that works. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:41am
post #5 of 11

My sticks are inserted till they touch the wax paper covered cookie sheet they're on..............

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:54am
post #6 of 11

Are the cake pops too big and heavy? When mine are too big they fall apart in the chocolate too.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:58am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom

Are the cake pops too big and heavy? When mine are too big they fall apart in the chocolate too.

Good point Norasmom! I use about 2 1/2 Tbs per pop.

katboss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katboss Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 2:45am
post #8 of 11

you can also use a product called paramount crystals to put in your chocolate to make it a little thinner, It works better than crisco because it is made of the same fats in the chocolate. sometimes adding shortening can give you a "greasy/oily" product. HTH
Kat

phoufer Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 3:03am
post #9 of 11

katboss
Where can I get it?

katboss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katboss Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 12:35pm
post #10 of 11

you should be able to find it at any cake or candy supply if not just google it I'm pretty sure you can get it from Amazon. : )
Kat

QueenMum89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMum89 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:09pm
post #11 of 11

Not sure if it's too late, but the SonRidge fan page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/sonridge) just had a great video tutorial posted on October 10th. Looks like people were making suggestions on how to make these come out perfect. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%