Cinnamon Brown Sugar Buttercream

Baking By mfruchey Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 4:21am by scp1127

mfruchey Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 6

Help! I lost my recipe for my all-time favorite, cinnamon brown sugar buttercream. Any chance anyone can post a couple for me to jog my memory? I only made it a couple of times and just canNOT seem to remember the ratios.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 6

I've never made it, so unfortunately I can't be a help here; but I'll be watching for replies. Sounds absolutely delish!!

jenscreativity Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 6

bump...but would love to hear how to make this..

Goreti Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 6

I've never made it but I found this recipe:
For the Buttercream:

4 1/2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
8-9 cups confectioner's (powdered) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of half and half, plus more if needed
Optional: Whole cinnamon sticks for garnish
To Make the Buttercream:
-Beat together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until fluffy and pale in colour.
-Add 6 cups of the confectioner's sugar and the vanilla extract and beat, starting on low and moving up -to high, until it is fully incorporated.
-Scrape down the bowl and add the half and half. Beat to incorporate again.
-Add another 2 cups of the confectioner's sugar and beat, starting on low and moving up to high, until fully incorporated. Check the consistency of the buttercream. If it needs to be thicker, add the remaining confectioner's sugar. If it is too thick, add more half and half a teaspoon at a time, beating after each addition, until it reaches the consistency you like.

Does this seem like the one you have made? I can try to see if I have any other.

scp1127 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:21am
post #6 of 6

I have an SMBC recipe that uses brown sugar. It's one of my favorites. You would just need to add the cinnamon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%