Please Help! How To Use Gumpaste Rose Petals On Wires

Decorating By athenarose Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 8:34pm by sweettooth622

athenarose Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 3

I'm trying to make some gum paste roses for a wedding cake due Tuesday with a few being full bloomed roses. I have seen beautiful roses with rose petals on the wires than they are added to the rose only on the last layer. When I add mine I can kind of see a gap and can't really find any more information about them. I have spent hours making them and made them all slightly different, some the same hoping to figure out how to attach them but I just cant seem to get them to dry right? Was wondering if anyone has used rose petals on wires or knows of a tutorial. I'm kind of desperate and normally I search the internet for hours but this is my busiest weekend of the yr. Did a quick search and didn't really find the info I need Got 4 cakes plus a cookie and cupcake donation all due in the next five days. Thanks for reading! I hope someone actually replies to my post, I have never gotten a response lol.

2 replies
Sorelle Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 3

I had a similar problem, ended up making fondant/gumpaste blend instead no wires met people actually ate them well, kids ate them lol. They went together faster and turned out nice. Check my last wedding cake photo.

sweettooth622 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, I just made roses for the first time 2 weeks ago for a wedding cake. It took about 5 days to make 50 of them. This is because you need to let them dry overnight between each row of petals. Mine were still a bit soft at 5 days, so the more time you give them the better. I watched a video on UTube by Edna that was REALLY helpful. If you google gumpaste roses by Edna it should come up. There are about 5 different videos, each shows a "how to" for the next step in the sequence. Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%