Cake Supplies In Orlando Florida

Decorating By rara1975 Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 1:59am by JanH

rara1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rara1975 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone local to Orlando Florida could recommend a really good cake supplies store. I have googled it and the one specific store that comes back is D&G Occassions - is this any good? I am familiar with Michaels and Joanns, but was hoping to get a cakey superstore! lol I am from the UK and heading to Florida on vacation in December - so want to bring a few (eh hem or quite a few! lol) things home!

Thanks.

4 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 5

D & G Occasions on Herdon Ave. WOW!

When I was home visiting last year I shopped there at the recommendation of another CC member.
They have a huge inventory, the owner's and staff were great! They even had a couple of Edna de la Cruz's ( CC's own tonedna) faux cakes on display, one I believe was featured in the CC Magazine. Awesome!

I am from Florida originally and come home every year to visit my family. I bought so much there that I had to ship it home cause it wouldn't fit in my suitcase!

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 5

I also love D&G Occasions! I live in Tampa and my in laws are in Orlando and I ALWAYS go there when we visit. Great prices and huge inventory!

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 5

I love D&G!!!. They have alot of things and the prices are reasonable.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:59am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

(Mod edited.)...I can't put the URL in because it will get blocked.

Please don't try to circumvent CC's autoblock program, that will result in the thread being locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Just to clarify, we do not delete threads just because they mention other suppliers, there are plenty of threads on here mentioning other suppliers.

The sites that are banned are banned because at some point they violated the forum rules and spammed cakecentral.com .

Sites that choose to spam do not get the benefit of exposure here.

Global Sugar Art is a great supplier, but there are other great suppliers as well, and when suppliers who are not banned are mentioned, those posts are left intact.

RE: PMs

We do not manually edit your PMs, the entire website has the banned site names in the replace database. Just like cursing. It is an automated process, we have no idea who tries to PM those site names or when.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=722965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Any member who would like to discuss this policy, can pm Heath directly.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%