Mmf On Rkt Is Now Sticky :(

Decorating By jimmymote Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 6:29pm by jimmymote

jimmymote Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 8

Im new to making cakes and my sister asked me to make a Tangled cake for her daughters birthday. I made the tower out of RKT and covered it with MMF then made the mistake of putting it in the freezer. It is now really sticky and moist. Is there a way i can fix this or do i need to start all over?

7 replies
Saulite Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 8

have you tried putting powdered sugar and cornstarch(50/50) on it? slightly rub it in so all the moisture gets absorbed. i never put my fondant in a freezer but i always use this mix to fix the stickiness.

jimmymote Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 8

thank you i will try that and hope it works. what is the best way to store a finished project?

Saulite Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 8
JSKConfections Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 8

When my fondant gets sticky i stick it in front of a fan on high. Make sure not to touch or bump it. The fan dries the fondant for me every time. I've never tried cornstarch or powdered sugar to fix dampness on fondant I would be worried it would clump or stick to fondant.

JSKConfections Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 8

I store my fondant pieces in a cool dry room. They harden up better.

Saulite Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 8

i usually steam by fondant for a couple of seconds(finished product) so there are no clumps.

jimmymote Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:29pm
post #8 of 8

thank yall so much! The powdered sugar worked like a charm. I first tried applying it with my hands but that was a lil messy. So i dug around till i found a foam brush like you use for paint and stains and it worked perfectly. Thanks again everyone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%