What Can I Do To Make Wilton Fondant Taste Better?

Baking By madicakes Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 3:12pm by patticake1951

madicakes Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 11

Can I add extracts or anything to Wilton fondant to make it taste a little bit better? I messed up my batch of homemade fondant last night and the cake needs to be finished tonight icon_sad.gif

10 replies
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 11

Hi, madicakes! You can always add some LorAnn oil flavoring to it...that is what I do when I am in a pinch and dpn't have time to make my own fondant....just kneed it in really well so it is all incorporated evenly. icon_biggrin.gif

dsilvest Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 11

Just knead in some extract. It will help the flavour. Add more if you want to enhance it.

CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 11

Good advice. Never thought of that! I have a batch in the pantry that I was trying to figure out what to do with! Thanks!

madicakes Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much everyone! Yet another reason I LOVE this site!

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 4:28am
post #6 of 11

When I saw this question, I was thinking, "Hmmm...Shave your tongue? Or burn it?" I need to know, did the LorAnn help? How was it?

lovecakes52 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 6:01am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

When I saw this question, I was thinking, "Hmmm...Shave your tongue? Or burn it?" I need to know, did the LorAnn help? How was it?

I was pretty much thinking the same thing! haha
I am with Annie, I would like to know if it helps too! Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

gidgetdoescakes Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 6:26am
post #8 of 11

I add a little modeling chocolate to mine and it makes it nicer to work with and adds a bit of flavor, however I have to say that the new wilton fondant taste alot like satin ice to me

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 11

I have never tasted the new Wilton fondant. I tasted the old one though< full body shudders > ...I still have nightmares, lol. icon_biggrin.gif I am not sure if I am willing to try the new one or not, you know what they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

CalhounsCakery Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 2:33pm
post #10 of 11

The new Wilton Chocolate Fondant tastes like a tootsie roll. It was amazing! For the 'new' fondant, is that just the new color selection, or did they change the taste of the white as well?

patticake1951 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 11

If you coat a really thin layer of OraJel on it it might help!!!LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%