Polymer Clay Extruder

Decorating By karateka Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 1:41am by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 1:49am
post #1 of 8

I saw an ad for the polymer clay express extruder in my newest issue of ACD. I want it. I don't know if it is worth the price, though. It will cost me >$200 for the extruder and accessories I want. Is it good quality, anyone know?

My SC gun has become all but impossible to use...I have to use a pair of wrenches to grip it hard enough to unscrew the caps and put new fondant in!

My extruder with the screw top I bought stripped the watchacallits and is now useless....my little silver one that you plunge is just too hard on my hands to use. I need something built like this bugger, but the price tag is steep. What say you?

7 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 2:43am
post #2 of 8

The Artway people demoed at our OH DOS. Their products are really nice--and so are they.

If I was going to spend that much money on an extruder, that would be the one I buy. I just don't use one enough to justify that expense.

For the amount I use mine, I can buy 20 of them at Michael's with 50% off coupons for that price.

Rae

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 8

Buy the one from Michaels.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 8

Do you have a link or picture to you the one you are looking at?

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 8

I'd love to see what this one could look like too, at that price. I got mine at Michaels. It was $24.95 minus my 50% off coupon. Oh yeah.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 8

You can see them all here:
http://polymerclayexpress.com/clay_extruder.html

The price of $200 can be reached many ways--from buying the smallest one with lots of extra discs to buying the best one with no add ons.

Rae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 8

I got two year before last at the ICES Convention, won them in the raffle. I think I have the top two.

I've used it a couple of times and it was great. Holds more fondant so it will make longer borders.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:41am
post #8 of 8

Wish I could change my email address. CC won't let it stick for some reason and I don't get updates when someone answers my post.

Yes, that is the one I'm looking at. I've purchased several over time and none of them are that great. This one has an adapter for purchase that will allow me to use my smaller discs.

It seems like the construction is good and I might actually have it for a while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%