This Is Too Is It Done? Is There A Tutorial?

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 11 Nov 2011 , 9:23pm by Spooky_789

makenice99 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 6


So I just saw this cake... what is this style called? Also would anyone mind sharing how is it done. (I tried sending one to the designer but no reply yet)


5 replies
makenice99 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much for sharing. Great links.

mbyrne Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 6

I have tried it and it is very easy. Just make sure you have a really good icing that is not too thin and lots of time and concentration. Make sure you have enough #12 tips and bags pre-filled with all the icing colors you intend to use. I love this idea!!!

cakeyouverymuch Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 6
Spooky_789 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 6

You can also achieve this look by just using your same tip as piping out the dot without the offset spatula. So pipe out the dot, then drag it to flatten out. Repeat. This saves so much time and looks just as good.

When I do my cakes using the petal effect, I do one horizontal layer or row at a time, instead of doing the vertical columns. When I get to the end of the row, I angle that dot up, then begin the second row. This helps to make the back seem a little more un-noticable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%