Question About Added Candy Melt Molds To Cake

Decorating By happyhousewife Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 6:20pm by MCurry

happyhousewife Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 2

Good afternoon!

I have made candy molds to use with my cake decorating this weekend. Is there a rule as to when to place the candy molds on the cake? My customer is picking up the cake Friday at noon and the cake will be used for a baby shower on Saturday. Will the candy molds be okay on the cake from Friday to Saturday?

One more quick question....I have baked, cooled, and froze all of the cake layers for this cake. It's a simple two tiered cake, 10" & 8". Once of the 8" layers didn't come out of the pan cleanly. There are a few rough edges. Do I need to rebake that layer or can I fix it with buttercream?

Thanks! I am fairly new and have found Cake Central to be a life saver!!!

Happy Baking!

1 reply
MCurry Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 2

The candy molds should be fine from Friday to Saturday. Are you gluing them on with melted chocolate? Just make sure you provide storing instructions to the client to reduce any probability that there will be any problems.

I have unmolded cakes in the past and an edge was not perfect. A good crumb coat and buttercream to build up that section should work fine. Don't rebake. It it were a huge chunk I would say rebake but sounds like you are fine. When they cut the cake they will not notice. As cake decorators we notice everything! Good luck & Happy Baking to you too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%