Carmel Apple Cupckaes...help!!!

Baking By Mel2085 Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 4:33am by Brandyf817

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 11

My BIL love carmel Apples, and I want to make carmel apple cupcakes for Thanksgiving....I have found a great recipe for the cupcake, and I am going to use my white chocolate frosting on top, but I want a carmel filling and I can't seem to find anything that will work, any ideas??

TIA!!
Melissa

10 replies
Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 11:32am
post #2 of 11

Try Thick Caramel Sauce-Filling recipe on this site - it's lovely! I used ready-made thick caramel sauce to speed up the process, slightly less cream and much less sweetened condensed milk (the same quantity as caramel sauce as it would have an overpowering condensed milk taste with the original quantity). Yesterday used it as a filling for chocolate cupcakes, covered with the thin layer of chocolate IMBC to attach the fondant circle and decorations on the top and they were delicious.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 2:58am
post #3 of 11

I do a caramel apple cake and for the filling I saute apples in brown sugar and butter with some of that apple cider drink mix (comes in envelopes) added to it. Simmer until the apples are cooked and the sauce is reduced. If I were to use these in cupcakes I'd just core a little chunk out of the cupcake, fill it and then frost over it. It's super yummy. If you want something that isn't chunky you could use the PP's caramel sauce recipe and add the apple cider packet to it for a caramel apple flavor.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 3:38am
post #4 of 11

One of the tastiest caramels around is a thick, spreadable, milk caramel from a company called La Lechera. This is a Nestle company and La Lechera also makes sweetened condensed milk, so you MUST make sure the can says, "Dulce De Leche"! Warning! This stuff is better than Nutella and you may find yourself creeping into the kitchen to sneak giant tablespoons full of this stuff at midnight.

Here's a link to a can on the Amazon site:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EPPBMW/?tag=cakecentral-20

I'm in southern California and can buy this at any Mexican foods market, as well as Walmart. It's $2-$3 a can.

Whispur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whispur Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 6:56am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2085

My BIL love carmel Apples, and I want to make carmel apple cupcakes for Thanksgiving....I have found a great recipe for the cupcake, and I am going to use my white chocolate frosting on top, but I want a carmel filling and I can't seem to find anything that will work, any ideas??

TIA!!
Melissa

Go to the Hispanic foods section at your grocery store. Look for the canned dulce de leche. Open it, fill the cupcakes with it, and prepare to be amazed. Mix in finely-chopped apples if the apples need to be in the filling.

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 11

Just peeked in cuz I too am making caramel apple cupcakes this year...thank you everyone for the pointers...I can't wait to try these!!!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 11

A forum member on the Wilton site just posted some photos and tips on caramel apple cupcakes. Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=157162

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:26am
post #8 of 11

The La Leche by Nestle is exactly what I use. I can buy it at Super Wal-Mart in the Mexican food section (the more authentic section not the standard Mexican section). It's AWESOME!

It has the most perfect consistency for filling cupcakes.

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:28am
post #9 of 11

I wanted to add that it's the canned one that works best. There's a squeeze bottle one but it's a very thin consistency.

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:42pm
post #10 of 11

I make my own dulce de leche. It takes a while to make but if you can't find it canned in the store, try this recipe.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/DulceDeLecheRecipe.html

Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 4:33am
post #11 of 11

Cupcakeblog . com has an amazing cupcake recipe I just did!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%