Thank You All

Decorating By Paulita_agc Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm by Paulita_agc

Paulita_agc Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm new on cc and between last night and today just finished reading all the great tips you all have posted.

I was just wonderind a couple of things?
where can I find the article?
and, Can I use the VIVA method with the bc that uses whipped cream, Does it crusts nicely so I can smooth it out perfectly?

Also I love IMBC, but I find it hard to get it really smooth on cake since ir doesnt crust. Does anyone have a tip for that?

Thank you all so much... icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
bakingkat Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 4

Have you seen anything about the aussie method? search online for jessicakes, she has a blog that mentions it, it looks like that might work for imbc, or the upside down method. Upside down started here but she has a video for it too. I have had much success with the upside down method, but haven't had a chance to try out the aussie method yet. Also search the melvira method on CC, it's another alternative to the viva method.

metria Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 4

For smoothing IMBC, I typically have a cake board just slightly larger than my cake. I use that to guide my spatula along while icing. I like using the large, rectangular icers, like a dough scraper, to smoothing my icing.

Paulita_agc Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

Bakingkat: Thanks for telling me where to find more tips
Metria: I'll def. try the dough scraper next time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%