Thank You All

Decorating By Paulita_agc Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm by Paulita_agc

Paulita_agc  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paulita_agc Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm new on cc and between last night and today just finished reading all the great tips you all have posted.

I was just wonderind a couple of things?
where can I find the article?
and, Can I use the VIVA method with the bc that uses whipped cream, Does it crusts nicely so I can smooth it out perfectly?

Also I love IMBC, but I find it hard to get it really smooth on cake since ir doesnt crust. Does anyone have a tip for that?

Thank you all so much... icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
 bakingkat  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 4

Have you seen anything about the aussie method? search online for jessicakes, she has a blog that mentions it, it looks like that might work for imbc, or the upside down method. Upside down started here but she has a video for it too. I have had much success with the upside down method, but haven't had a chance to try out the aussie method yet. Also search the melvira method on CC, it's another alternative to the viva method.

metria  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 4

For smoothing IMBC, I typically have a cake board just slightly larger than my cake. I use that to guide my spatula along while icing. I like using the large, rectangular icers, like a dough scraper, to smoothing my icing.

Paulita_agc  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paulita_agc Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

Bakingkat: Thanks for telling me where to find more tips
Metria: I'll def. try the dough scraper next time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%