Cake Idea

Decorating By Julisa Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 11:59pm by ajwonka

Julisa  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have any ideas for a Quince cake with a Willy Wonka/Charlie and Chocolate Facotry Cake. It has to feed 250 people. HOw do I do that theme and make it elegant enough for a "comming of age" party?

7 replies
 cupadeecakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 8

Your client's budget may greatly affect what you can do, but my first thoughts would be that the top tier would be a carved top hat. Maybe cover the cake board with chocolate ganache to represent the river of chocolate? Uless they have specified a color scheme, I would stick with purples / lavenders.

I know that's not a complete design, but I hope that gets your creative juices flowing!

lilcakebaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 8

If you will remember they had that room where everything was candy...even the flowers. I think the above poster had a nice idea, you could almost recreate that scene on the cake with the chocolate, flowers, etc.

Julisa Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Ya'll, I like both ideas. Hopefully I can get my thoughts made into cake. I'll let you know how it goes.

tracey6277  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 8

OOOO Tracey6277 thanks that one is super cute.

MCurry  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 8

A wonka bar and an oompa loompa would be cute too! Top Chef Just Desserts recently aired an episode where they had to do a Wonka themed room. You should check that out to for inspiration. I can't wait to see pictures!

ajwonka  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:59pm
post #8 of 8

With the last name of Wonka, this intrigues me!

I've had this bookmarked for quite some time. It's a tutorial for a C & CF topsy-turvy cake here on CC:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/6/how-to-make-a-topsy-turvy-whimsical-cake

For a girl, I'd probably tone down the colors, though.

I think the previous 2 posts were on a great track: making "candy": candy canes, swizzle sticks, etc. & then bending them into flower shapes. The flower aspect will go along with the girl-to-woman theme but still along the candy lines.

This isn't my cake but I like how it's more subtle than some:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillipies/3514550903/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%