I'm In Cake Hell

Baking By enoid Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 10:32pm by sillywabbitz

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:59am
post #1 of 4

I have two cakes due on Wednesday. Very unusual for me to have an order during the week, let alone two due on the same day. I made Hershey's deep dark chocolate cake yesterday. It fell while still in the oven. I figured out I left out one ingrediant. icon_confused.gif I remade it again making sure to add all the ingrediants. It still fell. icon_cry.gif I don't know what happened. My baking powder and soda are new. I have a thermometer in the oven so I know the temp was okay. I used bake even strips and they looked wonderful until the last 3 minutes when they deflated. Any I ideas? I was able to use part of one of the first cakes to fill in the hole in the second so I was able to salvage it.

Today I attempted to mix a DH lemon cake. Brain fart I added 2 1/3 cups of water instead of 1 1/3 cups. Had to drive clear into town to buy another mix and more eggs. The new one is in the oven now. Is there any saving the batter from the first one? Can I add more flour or something or is it done for?

3 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:09am
post #2 of 4

You can add another cake mix and the appropriate amount of water and other ingredients to make up the difference and then bake it off for family or another later use icon_smile.gif

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the advise. My husband thought he was being helpful and through out the batter. Oh well. Thanks for letting me rant.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 4

Uggh, I'm sorry for your crappy cake day. I have no suggestions on why your cake fell but I feel for you and your very frustrating day. Hope tomorrow is better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%