Ideas For Mini Grown-Up/ Little Adult?

Decorating By MaryKatherine Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 10:38pm by Spuddysmom

MaryKatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryKatherine Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 12

I need some ideas for a cake for a little girl whose parents call her a 'mini adult'. I was thinking of putting mini starbucks cups, heels, a laptop, and cell phone.

Any other ideas that make you think 'grown up'?

11 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 12

I suppose you could add a jar of wrinkle cream and a mortgage, but that really is too grown up! How old is she?

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 12

credit card? martini glass?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

I suppose you could add a jar of wrinkle cream and a mortgage, but that really is too grown up! How old is she?

Now THAT'S funny!

OP--your ideas sound just fine. Basically ANY idea that would be appropriate for a teenage girl would work just fine for this kid.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:08am
post #5 of 12

Totally off topic:

WHY, oh why do parents think children are 'mini adults'? Let them be children.

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:25am
post #6 of 12

kakelady I totally agree with you, omg the way some of these kids talk to their parents and dress. There is no way that would ever fly in my house LOL, seems more and more parents dont care anymore they just want their kids to grow up as fast as possible. 9 year olds think they are too old for dolls. are you kidding me? and why does she NEED a cell phone at that age?.. sorry off my soapbox LOL

MaryKatherine Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:17am
post #7 of 12

Lol you all have me in a chuckle!

The little girl is 3 going on 4 but as her parents tell me she has a lot of personality for her age.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 8:26am
post #8 of 12

The little girl is 3 going on 4 but as her parents tell me she has a lot of personality for her age.[/quote]

OMG 4??! Those parents are crazy. For 3 - 4 yrs olds I make teddy bear cakes and parents don't ask for more. Only once mother asked for a tiny pink laptop on the cake for an 1yr old because 'she likes to play with comp'... I can imagine why. At least for the rest she was ok with flowers and teddy bears!

icon_lol.gif Spuddysmom - wrinkle cream and mortgage icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:49pm
post #9 of 12

How about just making a colorful cake? Like zebra and or cheetah with bright purple, pinks? Kids love bright colors

MaryKatherine Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:32pm
post #10 of 12

According to her parents, its like a running family nickname for the girl so they want a funny cake that will make the party guests laugh. Hopefully, I can pull this off!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 12

Don't know how many servings you need but how about an ocotpuse(sp?) holding a cellphone; jar of wrinkle cream; etc
You get the cutesy look w/the octopuse and the 'mini adult' from the items.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 10:38pm
post #12 of 12

i Like Kakeladi's idea of mixing some cutey-pie elements in with the faux adult stuff, i.e.: A teddy bear (?) with a cellphone, Starbucks' cup, a "to-do list" including mixed items like ...get manicure, pick up Happy Meal,check on Stock Exchange, take nap...etc. I think if you only include the older stuff, the cake loses it's appeal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%