Need Help: How To Make Cake Topper Rotate

Decorating By BakingJeannie Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 3:05pm by BakingJeannie

BakingJeannie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 11

Hi fellow bakers and decorators:

I have a cake making for my nephew and it's a Scar Face theme. I'm making the globe with the three figures holding it and it will be the topper on a double stacked 10x10 cake. I would love to make the globe topper rotate on the cake.

Anyone could direct me to where I could purchase the motor to make the rotation device? Also tips on how to assemble it onto the top of cake.

I would appreciate any help. My cake is due for his party at the Hard Rock Cafe this Friday.

Cheers!

Jeannie

10 replies
 lilcakebaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:11am
post #2 of 11

Well, my husband builds all my lights and moving parts so I'll do the best I can do to help.

I know that he purchased the motor at Radio shack along with the battery pack. He is currently making me a taffy puller (did I mention how much I love my husband and his abilities LOL) As soon as he comes in from the garage I'll try to ask him more details about it. I had foot surgery today and cant run out there.

BakingJeannie Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:55am
post #3 of 11

Thank you very much. I went to the hobby store and it seems I need an engineering degree to assemble one. The store clerk did say I could find something at Circuit City.

Well, I'll just wait to hear from you.

Cheers!

Jeannie

BakingJeannie Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:56am
post #4 of 11

Thank you very much. I went to the hobby store and it seems I need an engineering degree to assemble one. The store clerk did say I could find something at Circuit City.

Well, I'll just wait to hear from you.

Cheers!

Jeannie

lilcakebaker Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:07am
post #5 of 11

Basically you need a DC motor, control switch, battery pack and wires....He explained it but you know how guys are. So.... I You-tubed simple DC motors and they have a ton of explinations on there. So you can get a visual I would try to find one that looks like it would fit your needs best. I'll continue to look and see if I can come up with any more help!

lilcakebaker Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:08am
post #6 of 11

Basically you need a DC motor, control switch, battery pack and wires....He explained it but you know how guys are. So.... I You-tubed simple DC motors and they have a ton of explinations on there. So you can get a visual I would try to find one that looks like it would fit your needs best. I'll continue to look and see if I can come up with any more help!

BakingJeannie Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:45am
post #7 of 11

Wonderful! I was looking at motorized lazy susan, but did not get much information. I will look out for your videos to...in the meantime I will get YouTube educated.

Cheers!

Lcubed82  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:18am
post #8 of 11

What would we do without Cake Central and YouTube!!!!

lilcakebaker Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 2:22am
post #9 of 11

ah ha! found something that might help you

http://www.youtube.com/user/09165067633?feature=grec_index#p/u/1/jHzCLILnSoM

try this!

lilcakebaker Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 2:25am
post #10 of 11

ah ha! found something that might help you

www.youtube.com/user/09165067633?feature=grec_index#p/u/1/jHzCLILnSoM

try this!

www.usaturntable.com

BakingJeannie Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:05pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks a bunch for the YouTube link. I will try the turntable for the car because the cake topper won't be very heavy. Will post a picture when done.

Cheers! You have been so helpful.

Jeannie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%