Air Brushing

Decorating By stevo33 Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 9:00pm by stevo33

stevo33 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

hi ppl i was wondering whats best to use food colour wise for airbrushing liquid food colouring ...paste colouring thank you

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 6

There is specific airbrush colors that are formulated for airbrushes.I would not water down pastes and use them as the small particles tend to clog the airbrush.Americolor puts out Amerimists...Chefmaster has a line and so does Kopykake and Lucks.

stevo33 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

could you not dilute the paste colouring to use in airbrush

Vista Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 6

I suppose you could water down the gel pastes, but I personally would not do it. If you do not get it mixed well enough you can cause clogs. The airbrush coloring is not very expensive, and goes a LONG way!

Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 6

As vista already mentioned I wouldn't dilute pastes.They are not meant for an airbrush and will clog if the tiny particles break away.For the cost of the airbrush colors it is worth it not having to tear apart our airbrush and clean it and then try and figure how to put it back together...People have done it...but I have also had to clean an airbrush and it isn't fun....

stevo33 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 6

was asking because here in uk there exspensive would normall liquid food colouring do the job if anyone from uk on and use airbrush love know were you get your colouring thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%