Serving Chart, My Way

Decorating By niccicola Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 5:31pm by niccicola

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2182612

I just compiled a how-to on cutting cakes, both round and square, using the Wilton suggested serving sizes, but with a grid pattern.

I had to make this myself because I could not find a picture that used the Wilton serving sizes but without the Wilton cutting method. I LOATHE the idea of cutting smaller circles within the cake. So messy! I love Earlene's method, but her slices seem too big. And since I sell my cakes using the Wilton serving sizes, I need a way to show the Client how to cut accordingly so they get the amount of cake I sold them.

One difference is that Wilton says you should get 63 servings from a 14" round party cake. I could not figure out how to get 63 without making the slices as small as the wedding size, so I just changed it to say it will serve 60.

Thanks!
Nicole

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 6

http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-cut-wedding-cake.html

I've always used Indy's suggestion when I cut cakes. icon_smile.gif

Your link didn't work for me, but it sounds very much alike in method.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 6

Says the photo doesn't exist...

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 6

Says the photo doesn't exist...

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, please re-post. I get the same message and I'd really love to have a graphic to print out for my customers.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry...they took it down because some of the serving charts *may* have been taken from other websites. I didn't realize that using a cutting guide was considered copyright infringement. You can find it through my blog which I will have to leave up to you to find. Sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%