Huge Airbubble In My Cake. I'm So Embarrassed!!

Decorating By kharvey Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 11:30pm by kharvey

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:47am
post #1 of 6

So we are celebrating boss' day at the office where I work. I decided I would make the cake, which I never make cakes for work. It turned out okay even though I hate writing on cakes. The cake looked pretty good until I looked at it this morning and noticed a HUGE air bubble had popped up right on top beside the lettering. AND the coloring from the letters ran !! I NEVER get air bubbles; but wouldn't you know, the one cake that I want to be especially perfect would get one. I just want to throw out the cake and hide!!! At this point, the best I can hope for is to cut it before anyone really see it. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:59am
post #2 of 6

I read a previous post were someone had removed an air bubble with a straw. They poked it in the side and carefully sucked out the air. Maybe you could try that?

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 6

Agreed, suck the air out of it with the smallest straw you can find or a coffee stir stick. good luck!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 6

I use a coffee stirrer, (which works good) but someone in the thread that CalhounsCakery mentioned, used a needle and syringe, that to me sounds like the best option. icon_biggrin.gif Good Luck!

usmdesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usmdesigner Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I use a coffee stirrer, (which works good) but someone in the thread that CalhounsCakery mentioned, used a needle and syringe, that to me sounds like the best option. icon_biggrin.gif Good Luck!

Mmmm... this is a good idea for sure. Took a mental note on that one.

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 6

Of course I had nothing resembling a straw at work so I used a spoon to "lance" the bubble. The air came out and I was able to use the back of the spoon to smooth out the icing. It all worked out but I still wasn't happy with the bleeding letters.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think the coffee stirrer and syringe are great ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%