Getting Your Name And Or Logo On The Cake Box?

Business By KuyaRomeo Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 2:20am by cheatize

KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:23am
post #1 of 14

Looking for ideas on getting our name/logo on every box, without costing an arm and a leg.

Looked into stickers . . . kinda expensive, although this looks like the route we will go for now.

Any other ideas?

Our cakes and cupcakes will be in a display case . . not pre-boxed. We were originally going to tie each box with ribbon, and add a card . . but since we are selling in an existing shoppe . . we don't feel right asking the counter girl to tie each box up as she packages them.

13 replies
CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:28am
post #2 of 14

I don't know the price difference, but if you have to buy boxes anyways, you could look into getting tour logo printed right on the box. Most printing companies can do this.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:31am
post #3 of 14

Where were you looking at printing your stickers? Places like vista print are pretty cheap. Printing your own gets expensive if you are using an ink jet printer. I'm printing my own stickers and labels for now because I'm looking at very small volume but will probably go with something like Vista if my volume increases.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:37am
post #4 of 14

I work for a florist and we use a stamp with the logo. The stamp was less than $25.00 and an ink pad is around 10.00 We have stamped hundreds with the same stamp and pad.

KuyaRomeo Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:48am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Where were you looking at printing your stickers? Places like vista print are pretty cheap. Printing your own gets expensive if you are using an ink jet printer. I'm printing my own stickers and labels for now because I'm looking at very small volume but will probably go with something like Vista if my volume increases.

Thanks Silly . . . I am using Staples to do my printing. Here is why: I did some research on VistaPrints, and read a ton of horrifying reviews from customers. Additional hidden billing, problems, etc etc. Although there are some good reviews too. . the bad ones scared me.

I went with Staples because they have the same exact printing online templates and process as Vista Prints . . but a little more expensive. However, Staples offers free shipping so it kinda pans out in the end.

Still, buying enough stickers to get through a month . . . is quite pricey. But I feel this is our best option. And most professional looking.

KuyaRomeo Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 12:53am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorelle

I work for a florist and we use a stamp with the logo. The stamp was less than $25.00 and an ink pad is around 10.00 We have stamped hundreds with the same stamp and pad.

We gave this some thought too. . . and it just doesn't work right as we are using the boxes with the clear windows . . so, we would have to stamp in odd places . . . making it look less professional.

We even looked at the emboss kits, and that might work actually . . had we been using the solid boxes with no windows.

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:09am
post #7 of 14

I actually do all my things through vista print: website, email, and labels for all of my products. I also had my business card done in sticker forms as well (I use the boxes with the clear window also) and stick it on the bottom right corner. Sorry the bad reviews scared you...I've never had a problem!

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

JackieDryden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieDryden Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:13am
post #8 of 14

I have bought lots of business cards from vista print when they run their "free" items-250 business cards for shipping of $6.95-never have had a problem. I have had shirts printed formy daughters b-day, return address labels, note pad(only for free) and small decals, ect-and I only pay the $4.95 logo and shipping-unless I want a thicker card on the business cards. Mostly these items were purchased for an organization I am a member of. We got thousands of business cards for a TON less than anywhere else, and actually re-use them as tickets for our events-for the last 2 years. Held up pretty well, has our logo-shipped quic-never an issue. Oh when you get your free items they alwas offer discounts if you order a large quantity-they will ask you after you check out-they might say you have 10 inutes to get an additional 250, 500 business cards for an additional $xx-still really cheap.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 2:58am
post #9 of 14

Printing your own labels is very inexpensive if you use a laser printer, we use onlinelabels.com to order blank labels in custom sizes (2"x4" oval in our case).

BTW we use VistaPrint for other products like business cards and have had no problems with them.

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 3:44am
post #10 of 14

I use Vistaprint for business cards as well as a cake decorator I do work for. I have also used their mailing address labels for stickers on smaller boxes. I just put the company name, logo and phone number. I think they were running a special so I added them to the business card order. No problems with ordering from them or delivery time. Other people can weigh in but it may be more cheaper to get boxes and add a label later vs. order boxes with a custom logo. Hope this helps! Melanie

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:59am
post #11 of 14

I use Vista Print and Zazzle. I think the reviews pertain to the issue of the free and reduced offerings. They are almost always not what a business wants, so those upgrades are necessary. If you go through the proccess of their checkout, you will see how very clear it actually is. Zazzle is a little higher quality than Vista. I use both companies for which works best in each printing application.

I think you have seen my site. I use double sided tape to temporarily attach my business card (Zazzle) to the ribboned box. It looks great and can be retained by the recipient. They are expensive, but in every case, someone who tasted your product has your card.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:49pm
post #12 of 14

I had labels printed on VistaPrint myself. If you are a Groupon member, sometimes they offer deals, which you can use to buy products for basically 50% off.

KrumbsByKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrumbsByKim Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 7:50pm
post #13 of 14

I use 2 of the clear corner photo holders to attach my business card. They are only a couple of $'s for a box of 250, then the customers can remove my business card and keep it handy.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:20am
post #14 of 14

KrumbsByKim: a most excellent idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%