Cake Boxes

Decorating By elizaBakes Updated 16 Oct 2011 , 6:42pm by elizaBakes

elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 7

Where do you lovely cake bakers purchase boxes? I'm searching around for those deep cake boxes, found some but are pretty pricey. (12"x12"X10") In any case I'd LOVE to find a package of assorted cake box sizes, anyone have any suggestions?

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

I think I've used papermart before http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=18883

Also uline http://www.uline.com/BL_5613/Cake-and-Bakery-Boxes?pricode=wg384&gclid=CJ_NrpTX7asCFcXe4AodEkBWKA

I get the ones that are at least 5" tall to make sure they won't squoosh the top of the cakes.

elizaBakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 7

thank you! Yes, papermart.com is where I was looking, and defiantly need something that will at least cover the 1st layer of a tiered cake icon_wink.gif I suppose there is no way around it, it's just another business expense icon_biggrin.gif

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 7

I have a company I use and they just came out with tiered cake boxes for your stacked cakes. They are on facebook too and actually offer discounts every once in awhile. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the quality of the boxes and the price is pretty reasonable.
www.bakeabox.com

elizaBakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you, I will take a look at their page icon_wink.gif

silverc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverc Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 7

I buy 12x12x10" boxes at Wal-mart. They are where the tape and shipping supplies are. They are 58 cents each. I just tape the bottom, and then cut a panel so I can slide the cake in. They also have 14x14" and 16x16".

elizaBakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverc

I buy 12x12x10" boxes at Wal-mart. They are where the tape and shipping supplies are. They are 58 cents each. I just tape the bottom, and then cut a panel so I can slide the cake in. They also have 14x14" and 16x16".

REALLY? I am going to check that isle, I have only checked to baking supplies isle but all they have there is the rectangle boxes maybe 2-3" deep $2.50/each. I will defiantly look there, AND at that price; great idea thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%