Baking By decoratingfool Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 4:41am by josefina20

decoratingfool Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 4:03am
post #1 of 3

I want to thank you, i have been using your icing recipe for awhile now, and this last week i had to make some different flavors. First one was a apple cider buttercream, 2nd was a salted caramel buttercream, and 3rd was a margarita buttercream.
So i made up your frosting and instead of adding all the milk, i use whipping cream, i added about 1/2 cup of a top shelf margarita and some lime zest in the icing and man oh man was it wonderful..
Then for the apple cider i added some apple cider sauce to your frosting again wonderful, then i made the salted caramel and added that to the buttercream, oh man was it fantastic, after i frosted these i sprinkled a mixture of sea salt and brown sugar on the top, yummy!!!!!

So just wanted to say, THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful recipe it is so versatile and yummy!!!!!!!

2 replies
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:15am
post #2 of 3

I totally agree about this recipe! I have been using it now for over a year & have to admit, it is my "Go To" recipe. It is not only delicious, it is so versatile, as mentioned above! Not needing refrigeration has it's plus too!

josefina20 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:41am
post #3 of 3

woaa these are some fun combination. i think i will try one of this. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%