Airbrush Suggestion

Decorating By mplaidgirl2 Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 8:06pm by lilcakebaker

mplaidgirl2 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 2:30am
post #1 of 9

I'm finally giving in and buying one...

What does everyone have...

What do you like, What do you not like??

8 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:37am
post #2 of 9

Does anyone have this one? I think I'm leaning this direction http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001THQ5FM/?tag=cakecentral-20

lilcakebaker Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 5:14am
post #3 of 9

I have a Master Airbrush and I LOVE IT. I used to have a Kopy Cake one and had nothing but trouble with it.

Just a warning...you will never be able to decorate a cake again with out one once you start using it!!

mplaidgirl2 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 11:45am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcakebaker

Just a warning...you will never be able to decorate a cake again with out one once you start using it!!

Thats what I'm hoping! It looks like so much fun to use...

What there a big learning curve when you first starting using it?

MissMona Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 9

You know, may sound crazy, but I recently bought Duff's airbrush at Michael's and I LOVE it! More than my big badger that I paid soooo much for. It was $199 and goes on sale for $99!!!

DDiva Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 9

I sell and use the Master airbrush in my shop!! It's great.
Duff's airbrush is a generic from China. It is the same airbrush system sold by Geraldine Randlesome's Creative Cutters company. It's a good brush for beginners, and you got a really good price!!
Airmaster by KopyKake is still probably the industry favorite, and it is really reliable. Mine survived a tornado last year and it was over 8 years old then-lol!! It's still going strong.
I am currently a fan of Grex airbrushes. I LOVE their trigger handle airbrushes!! So I currently have a Grex airbrush connected to my Airmaster compressor. I use this for big jobs. I use the Master for demos and small jobs!!
Good luck!!

lilcakebaker Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 9

The main thing is to just learn to control your finger!! Go slow at first until you get used to it.

ssimonds2 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 9

Can anyone tell me, with the Master Airbrush, do you have problems with it not spraying a continuous spray? I've used mine a few times and it will go on and off. Do I not have the pressure set right? I've used a similar airbrush before and never had this problem. Any suggestions?

lilcakebaker Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 8:06pm
post #9 of 9

Make sure all of your connections are tight. The only time I have that problem is when one isn't tight or I moved the pressure knob.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%