Are All Henry&henry Fillings Non Fridge Requiring?

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 1:33am by KristyCakes

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 9

Looking at ordering some Henry & Henry fillings. Cream cheese and bavarian sound really yummy... I'm wondering if they're different than their fruit fillings?

I can only use fillings that do NOT require refrigeration, especially once on the cake/cupcakes, so will ALL Henry&Henry fillings be safe when not refrigerated?

TIA!

8 replies
sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:29am
post #2 of 9

Let me know how they taste. I was thinking of buying some too. Someone one said that they do not need to be refrigerated. I read it from another post and once when I was going to buy them from a local cake store they said they can last a week once opened and a year if not opened. HTH Can show one who uses these let us know how they taste?

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9

Personally, I LOVE the raspbery, cherry, choc. bavarian creme, apriocot, peach and strawberry. I have not tried the cr. cheese. They last much longer than one week opened.

The raspberry tastes like fresh from the bush icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 9

I just read a discussion on another site regarding this (they contacted the company).....
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=144492

If I ever go into business, I will only use flavored buttercream to be safe. If the company can't tell you for certain...then I won't chance it. (I hate it because these really sound great!)

I do plan on getting some of these fillings for my cakes I make for my family (and I can refrigerate) .... YUM!

sberryp Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for posting. I am going to have to try them. JenniferMI what type of cakes do you use them with? Please share..

sberryp Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 9

JenniferMI your cakes are beautiful!!! How do you support the other cakes with the 6inch cakes at the bottom?

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 9

I use those sleeves as well. The fruit fillings are great. However, the cream cheese does not taste like cream cheese. It has a chemical taste to it. I purchased it for a wedding cake and then refused to use the filling on the cake. I did not want anyone connecting that taste with one of my cakes.

Just my 2 cents. Other people may like the taste, decorators and customers alike.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 9

sberryp,

Thanks for your kind words on my work. I use these fillings with all my cakes. I have the directions for the windemere style on my computer. That is the weddings with the little cakes under the layer layed cake. If you e-mail me, I can easily attach the instrucitons for you. Happy to share. [email protected]

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:33am
post #9 of 9

I use these fillings and really like them. (Raspberry, cherry, apple, cream cheese, strawberry, lemon...) The only one I did not like was the chocolate. And the cream cheese and raspberry are my most popular requests. I was told to store the opened sleeve in the fridge between cake requests for up to 6 months after opening. I date the packages when I open them if they are not requested very often.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%