Why My Cakes Sweat?????

Decorating By bellosoc Updated 16 Oct 2011 , 3:37pm by JenniferMI

bellosoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellosoc Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 6

I am kind of new in cake decorating but after I take my cakes from the refrigerator they get kind of stiky and sweating is that normal in cake decorating?????? or I am doing something wrong????

5 replies
BosCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BosCakes Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

completely normal...just don't touch the fondant until it's dry. sometimes, if it's especially humid out, the moisture won't dry...it's rare, but possible

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 6

You can minimize the issue by boxing and wrapping the cake. Condensation will occur on the outside. By wrapping the box you make that the outside while the cake comes up to temp.

Obviously only a concern when it is an issue. If it just a cake for the table at home - no worries.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 6

Cakes do not need to be refrigerated once decorated unless you have used a filling that requires refrigeration or you are in a very hot, humid location/room. Box it up and leave at room temp.
If you do put it in the frig, then BosCake said is good advise.

bellosoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellosoc Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 6

OMG is good to know that I am not doing something bad and yes I live in a very humid area so by force I had to put them in the refrigerator thanks soo much is nice to have professional help when you need it

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 6

If you get bad condensation, you might put a fan on the cake but it's it's bad, I would box.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%