Help With Pillow Pans!!! Please!!

Decorating By sugarmommy83 Updated 15 Oct 2011 , 3:34am by sillywabbitz

sugarmommy83 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:07am
post #1 of 2

I am in the process of creating my daughters baptism cake for this sunday using the wilton pillow pan set. The cakes baked beautifully but i didnt realize how HUGE they were going to be! They are massive and heavy and i am afraid i wont support them properly on one another and that they will collapse by sunday. Can somebody please tell me what i can do to make them be super sturdy. I am no professional so i need all the good advice i can get! Is it enough to just dowel them like i do my other cakes? Is there a specific way i should do it or just the regular way with four wooden dowels. Please help, i am running out of time! Oh yea, do i need to put a dowel under the "points/corners" of the cake or is in the middle sufficient?

1 reply
sillywabbitz Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 2

I generally use SPS but you should be able to dowel them like any other cake. I would only dowel the area where the cake board will be so I would say do not dowel the points, otherwise the dowels will show. Are you having to travel with it? If you don't have to travel, dowel as normal. If you have to travel, you may want to stack on site. You still need to dowel it of course

Quote by @%username% on %date%