Tiramisu Inspired Cake

Decorating By LoveConfections Updated 16 Oct 2011 , 5:17am by megpi

LoveConfections Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys!!

I'm hoping you guys can help meicon_smile.gif I'm going to make my boyfriend a tiramisu inspired cake for his birthday (its his favorite dessert.)

What would be the best way to go about this? Should i bake a vanilla cake add coffee powder to the cake and brush it with a coffee syrup fill with mascarpone cheese filling?

I need help!! I don't know whats the best way for me to do this icon_sad.gif

TIA icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakegrandma Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 5

Check the Gourmet flavors and you will find a tiramisu cake in them. The syrup that goes on the cake is wonderful and the icing uses mascarpone and it is yummy. Let us know how it turns out.
evelyn

scp1127 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:24am
post #3 of 5

Do you bake scratch or box and will you be using one or more liqueurs? Do you want it more true to authentic Tiramisu, or an interpretation?

AnnieCahill Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

If you're looking for a cake, I would do your favorite white recipe with the layers soaked in a mixture of Sambuca and espresso (you could also use Tia Maria or Kahlua, but Sambuca is traditional), then fill with a mixture of stabilized sweetened whipped cream and mascarpone. I would then dust each filling layer with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.

The mascarpone filling traditionally contains raw eggs so you couldn't do that. I would use a meringue buttercream to ice this if it needs to be decorated. Otherwise you could ice it with the same stabilized sweetened whipped cream. Obviously this cake would have to be refrigerated.

Please don't do the mascarpone filling substitute containing cream cheese. They are two completely different things. Mascarpone is awesome!

megpi Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 5:17am
post #5 of 5

I used Martha's Tiramisu cupcake recipe For the grooms cake at my friends wedding.

I used the cake as well as the coffee-marsala syrup, and mascarpone filling recipes, and it all came out delicious. You would just need to multiply the recipe and bake it in which ever cake pan you're using. The cake comes out really dry, but don't be alarmed, this allows it to soak up more of the syrup, just make sure you soak the hell out of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%