Massive Panic! Canon Ip3600 & Ii Ink Cartridges

Decorating By OneCreativeCookie Updated 15 Oct 2011 , 11:43am by linedancer

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 11

I just received my replacement cartridges for my Canon ip3600 printer and after cleaning the print head and installing the new cartridges the printer won't print becuase it says it doesn't recognize the cartridges. I have cookies for three different clients due tomorrow and I don't know what to do! Can anyone help?????

10 replies
OneCreativeCookie Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 12:02am
post #2 of 11

I found these instructions online and followed them...

How to Reset waste ink counter (Error E16)
Unplug power and USB cable.
Open door and hold power button.
Connect power.
Close door, then release power button.

I got one print out of it and the black was streaky. I was able to print a nozzle check. Then I got an error message that it didn't recognize the magenta cartridge. Tried the above one more time with no luck at all.

Anyone out there have any ideas?????

OneCreativeCookie Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 12:28am
post #3 of 11

Retried the reset and realized I didn't have the USB unplugged the second time. Got out of the printer what I needed for tonight. Haven't dared turn it off or disconnect the computer until I am sure that I have what I need.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a different/better solution? Makes me a little nervous to be doing a reset from some website I have never heard of before... BTW, here's the link to the website: http://resetcanon.com/reset-canon-ip3600-pixma-printer/

Thanks...

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 2:16am
post #4 of 11

Hi
I am sorry you are having difficulties. Depending on how you cleaned your orinthead it sounds like there may be moisture or ink on the connection that you have between the chip and the prongs where the chip makes connection with the printer...or the printhead chip is wet. I am not sure the way you cleaned your printhead. But the instructions you found have nothing to do with your problem. The ink waste tank is something totally different. But my guess when you turned everything off it tried to reconnect and was able to reset itself and reconnect. Tmorrow, try printing something without changing anything and see if it is ok. Please let me know how you cleaned it so I can try to help. If you have further problem, give our office a call and we can help you.

OneCreativeCookie Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 2:30am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Please let me know how you cleaned it so I can try to help. If you have further problem, give our office a call and we can help you.

I cleaned the printhead according to the directions on the II site...shallow bowl, filled the ink wells w/ cleaning solution, soaked 20 minutes and rinsed in warm water. I tried to get it completely dry, but I did insert it right away and we've had the windows open despite the rain so it's a bit humid in the house (so now I'm having a heck of a time with the images that printed icon_wink.gif )

Thanks!

icingimages Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 3:06am
post #6 of 11

Hi
Ok that info helps. My guess is that the connectors are damp or wet. Once thy dry, by morning you should be fine. I am not sure which brand of our sheets you are using. Since most of our customers use our premium, I am going to guess that is what you are using. If you try flicking, like you would flick a marble, the bottom back corner of the icing sheet it should separate easily for you. It's funny you would thing to peal from the top margin, but it is actually easier to do the bottom corner!

OneCreativeCookie Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 11

[quote="icingimages"]My guess is that the connectors are damp or wet. Once thy dry, by morning you should be fine. I am not sure which brand of our sheets you are using...quote]

Thanks, Deb. You are right, it is working today. Next time I clean the printhead, I will start earlier so that it has longer to air dry before reinstalling it.

I was using Luck's sheets and cutting them into 3.25" circles so they were tough to get off in the humidity...the freezer helped and they are all beautifully done now!

Thanks again for your help...and thanks to your staff for the prompt calls/emails this morning to my SOS messages from last night.

~Kelly

icingimages Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 11

Our pleasure, glad we could help. We do sell precut 3" circles. but you may want to try our premium brand, you won't have as much trouble with them.

OneCreativeCookie Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 11

I wish you sold 3.25" or 3.5" circles. My cookies are a little bigger than 3.5" so a 3" circle is just too small for the size cookie I make. At least this way I'm getting some use out of that scrapbook cutter I bought so many moons ago icon_wink.gif

I do have some Premium sheets as well so now that I have the ink problem solved, I will try the Premium sheets again when I'm not on such a tight deadline!

icingimages Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:00am
post #10 of 11

That would have been my next solution for the size you are looking for. If you have an electronic cutter such as the silhouette that connects to your computer you can actually print and then cut out the exact shape of the image you printed

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 11:43am
post #11 of 11

Yea, I love my Silhouette and use it all the time for edible images. Love the way you can cut around the actual image, saves icing sheets and looks terrific. Love your icing sheets too, Debbie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%