Please Help, Need Chocolate Chips In The Cake...

Baking By bls0127 Updated 15 Oct 2011 , 2:00am by MimiFix

bls0127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bls0127 Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 9

Hi I new to making cakes and have learned so much here.
However I want to make a Chocolate Chocolate Chip cake and cant seem to make it happen. My Chocolate Cake recipe must be too thin or something. Any ideas, or does anyone have a recipe for this already?
Thanks!

8 replies
bakerfairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerfairy Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 9

Is your problem that your batter is too thin and the chocolate chips are falling to the bottom? I've heard other people recommend tossing your chocolate chips in flour first to help them stay suspended in the batter. Never tried it myself, but sounds like it would work if this us your issue.

jy_bllrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jy_bllrd Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 9

Try using mini chips, after I started using mini`s I never had any more problems with them sinking to the bottom.

jy_bllrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jy_bllrd Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 9

Try using mini chips, after I started using mini`s I never had any more problems with them sinking to the bottom.

kmstreepey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmstreepey Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 9

I use mini-chocolate chips and have never had a problem.

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 9

Hi, I place mini cc's in a bag, put a spoonful of flour, and shake, then just put them in your batter and stir in. Mine always stay suspended in the batter this way. HTH icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 9

I would use the minis and mix them in with your dry ingredients before adding the wet.

bls0127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bls0127 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:35am
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna try it with mini's later to see if it works. The batter is very thin so I'm crossing my fingers. icon_smile.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 2:00am
post #9 of 9

bls0127, if a batter is thin any addition will sink to the bottom. I suggest you add another 1/2 cup flour to your recipe. The additional flour will only slightly change your cake. And the thicker the batter the more likely your chips will stay suspended. Dredging chips in flour will not help. Mini choc chips are lighter in weight than regular sized chips so they have a better chance of not sinking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%