Need Compressor Only For Airbrush

Decorating By Lcubed82 Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 4:41pm by FullHouse

Lcubed82 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 3

I have a nice airbrush, but am looking for one of the smaller compressors to use with it. What amt power do I need? Does anyone know where I can get the comp. only?

Is the Duff compressor adequate for very occassional airbrushing? I could buy it with a coupon, and put my own brush with it.

I've seen a recent post with the Master brand set. How about that?

2 replies
tigerhawk83 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 3

You can get compressors at your local hardware store - they are bigger than you need but I got a regulator also to keep the pressure around 20PSI. 18-25PSI is really all you need for cakes.

If you want a smaller one, Google TCPGlobal - they sell compressors, Americolor colors, airbrushes, etc. It may look like an industrial site but they do sell the cake stuff.

FullHouse Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 3

The best price I found when I brought my compressor was at Harbor Freight. You just want to make sure you can adjust the PSI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%