Suggestions On Writing A Letter For Poss. Bus. Opportunity

Business By ssayres Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 10:44pm by myslady

ssayres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssayres Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 2

When this idea popped into my mind, I thought I had to see what the experts thought. There is a small donut shop in my town. Its a small shop, what always catches my eye when I walk in is the empty case, right by the door. I have always thought I would love to fill that with cake and cupcakes. I have tried to ask for the ownes number, and they always say they will take mine and give it to him. I never hear anything. My husband has tried to talk to the man working there as well.

So, my thought was writing him a letter. Who knows if the message is actually being relayed?? I need your guys' help in wording it. I keep going over things in my mind. Not sure where to start. I swear I'm confusing myself over something that could be very simple. I'm nervous. It could possibly be a great opportunity for him and myself.

Would I ask to rent the case? Would I offer to give him x amount of dollars per cake or cupcake that sells? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

1 reply
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 2

when you left your number did you let them know what you wanted to discuss with the owner.

In the letter i would mention that you noticed the empty case and want to set up a possible business arrangement with them. You need to decide if you are trying to use it for display purposes or trying to sell out of their store which would affect them liability wise.

I would go with renting the case instead of a percent of profit. If they use your business you would need to sell to them wholesale and then there is the freshness of your product to take into account.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%