Can You Help Me With The Pricing Here Pls..

Business By Bunda Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 6:26pm by Bunda

Bunda Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 7

I have (hopefully) my very first customer. She has been asking a lot about a cake that she wants for her daughter.
Question is... How much do you guys charge for this kind of cake? Help me here please... I only set up the prices for cupcakes, not cake.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2155298

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 7

Well it's pretty hard to give you a price when the prices in Sweden may be very different than here or the US..That being said..I cahrge $5.00 a serving for 3D Cakes which a castle cake is....so if the cake feeds 40..I start at $200.00 and go up depending on design....However the cake pic you sent is very basic and not that much extra embellishments so you may have an issue with getting $200.00 for a cake like that.You also have to consider your cost for ingredients etc and your time...Hard to say...

Bunda Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 7

Everything here is much more expensive than in the US. For now I was thinking about 150 USD.
So, what do you think about the price? 150 for that? Is it reasonable?

Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

Well if I were buying a cake like that I would want a bit more WOW..for my money so you may have to add more to ask $150.00....but I think if you are confident in your skills,add a few more extras and customers like your work then you should have no problem getting that much...

Bunda Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 7

I know, but I don't think I should too low comparing to other home bakers here. A simple cupcake with frosting and some simple small flowers on top can be up to $11.00. And thx for the answer. I might put some more stuffs on the cake icon_smile.gif

brenda549 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 7

Assuming the bottom is a 10 inch square and the top is an 8 inch round (74 servings for me), I would charge a base price of $296 ($4 per serving) and add costs from there. It looks basic, but even making those towers from RKT, stand straight, will be a task. The roof tiles will be a lot of work as well.

Bunda Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 7

Bottom tier is 9 inch square and top tier is 7 inch (37 serving for me) I use earlene's cake chart. And the towers made from swiss rolls actually. So it was more difficult to make them stand properly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%