Macsmom Lemonade Cake - Do You Like It?

Baking By cherrycakes Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 11:49pm by sillywabbitz

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 12:55am
post #1 of 4

I have a 12" lemonade cake (Macsmom's recipe) in my freezer for a wedding cake this coming weekend. I'm having doubts about it - I just wonder if the sugar in the lemonade concentrate is going to change the consistency of the cake too much? I'm seriously starting to think that I should re-bake but thought I would ask CC's opinion of this cake first. Thanks!

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 4

Why don't you try making a smaller one to try yourself? I personally don't let any cake out of my kitchen without knowing what it tastes like first.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 4

I may have to do that. Although, I did make this recipe four years ago and remember at that time enjoying it very much. However, my taste buds have changed since then and I now have a more definite idea of what I like in terms of cake flavour and texture.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 4

Are you worried about the freezing part or just the cake flavor in general? If it's flavor, I think you could cut a sliver off the top and let it come to temp and then taste it with a smidge of buttercream.

I always taste my left overs from leveling. I also taste the batter before it goes into the oven. That gives me a good general idea of the flavor. Also, I hate carrott cake but I make it for my mom every year. It's hard to make a flavor that's not really something you would like to eat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%