Funfetti Sprinkle Substitute???

Baking By CandyLady Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 11:38am by CandyLady

CandyLady Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 4

I have a ton of sprinkles but not the multicolored long ones to use in a funfetti cake...what else can I use? I have the tiny round colored chocolate coated ones, I have the colored non pereils,,,,,any suggestions, don't want to go back to the store...thanks.

3 replies
DebbyJG Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

Multi colored nonpareils work great. I make my own confetti cake with them since apparently there is no such thing as long sprinkles made without hydrogenated oil (which I refuse to use in anything). Or at least I havent found any, even at places like whole foods. <grrr> :[

athenarose Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 3:26am
post #3 of 4

Multicolored nonpareils ones will work, I have cupcakes in my photos here with both the long and the small Betty Crocker Sprinkles. I mixed them in and also sprinkled them on top. When using the small sprinkles do it last minute and lightly stir cause the colors bleed alot faster. I hope that helps!

CandyLady Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:38am
post #4 of 4

thanks a bunch. I so appreciate it...I am doing 3 small cakes for a birthday with oz theme...gave mom choice of the rainbow cupcakes (which i have done and LOVE) or funfetti,,,,she picked funfetti. Rainbow would have been awesome for the theme I am using for large cake. Oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%