Ebay Seller Ships Item 14 Days After Paid...grrrrr

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 7:59pm by BlakesCakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 12

I am really choked..I got a shipping email from Ebay last night and it states that the item I purchased and paid for on Sept 26th was just shipped yesterday Oct 10th..WTF...Her auction states she will try and get it out within 3 days of payment...I am really pissed icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif she should have contacted me as to why she couldn't mail it out..Can I open a dispute or should I just suck it up?...It was for a Webkinz for my son and he has been bugging me everyday wondering when it is going to come..Now I have to tell him another few weeks....I contacted the seller and asked why but have gotten no response..

Any thoughts from others who buy and sell on Ebay??

Laurel icon_wink.gif

11 replies
dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 12

You can leave a feedback on her with an explantion and contact ebay.

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 12

I do Ebay all the time, but by any chance, did you paid with a check? If so, then that could be the reason. When paying by check, they want to make sure the check clears before sending out the merchandise. If you paid by Paypal, then there's no excuse...

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 12

No..I always pay with Paypal so it doesn't have to clear...Still haven't heard from her either and I emailed last night....I think she just doesn't want to answer..

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 12

You can leave a comment to warn others of the slow service. Wait till it arrives and then write, just to make sure, it was really sent out

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 12:21am
post #6 of 12

I would contact Ebay and leave a comment. When I buy Ebay I always read the comments on shipping. And that is a really long time. I think the longest I have ever waited for an ebay shipment was 3 days, from day of purchase!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 1:41am
post #7 of 12

I've used Ebay for years. Every once in awhile, you get a seller who is ridiculously slow at shipping--and offers no explanation.

If you get the item, your only recourse is to leave a neutral feedback--expect that, or worse, in return--and to give a low "star" mark when asked about shipping.

It's important that, if you don't have the item in the next week, you file a dispute. It'll put the seller on notice & they'll have to explain to Ebay why they haven't sent it.

Rae

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 2:22am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

No..I always pay with Paypal so it doesn't have to clear...Still haven't heard from her either and I emailed last night....I think she just doesn't want to answer..

Is your Paypal account linked directly to your bank account or to your credit card?
If to your bank account, it takes at least 10 days to clear.

I would also contact eBay especially if she did not provide you with a tracking number.
Make sure you keep track of time, you have a certain timeline where you can open a dispute I think its 90 days or so from the date of purchase.

Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:44am
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone...I still haven't gotten any response as to why....I think in a week or so I may file a dispute...I once had a buyer freak out on me because I couldn't get to the post office in 2 days..We had a major snowstorm here and both my small children were sick.I emailed her and told her this ..but she didn't care and ranted and raved and demanded a refund....that was totally unreasonable ..I am not being like this but 14 days is excessive and I wanna know why!!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 3:58pm
post #10 of 12

Cupcations, I've purchased using Paypal and it's linked through my banking account. I've had payment clear the same day I placed the purchase almost every time I make a purchase. Only time it doesn't is when I purchase at night instead of during the day (before 4 pm). I've always been very happy with paying through Paypal. Kiddiekakes, I'm sorry you're having so many problems with this vendor. I would definitely comment on the purchase and give her/him low marks for her lack of customer service. Hope it's resolved for you soon.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 12

Well..I filed a dispute on friday and sure enough I heard from her....She claims that she was having problems with Ebay/Paypal printing shipping labels....Hmmm....I can understand but can't you inform me.What happened to handwriting a name and address on the front of the package.....I still think it was a lousy excuse and I do plan to give her low marks in shipping time frame.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 7:59pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Well..I filed a dispute on friday and sure enough I heard from her....She claims that she was having problems with Ebay/Paypal printing shipping labels....Hmmm....I can understand but can't you inform me.What happened to handwriting a name and address on the front of the package.....I still think it was a lousy excuse and I do plan to give her low marks in shipping time frame.

It never fails! Glad the filing made her come out of the woodwork.

E-mail her and tell her that you want the tracking info on the package, too. If she took PayPal, she MUST use a trackable form of mailing.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%