Iso Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake

Baking By LadyPol Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 1:50am by JGMB

LadyPol Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have a tried and true recipe?? I haven't baked wheat free (gluten free) before but have a new client who has requested a GF strawberry cake.

4 replies
KoryAK Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 5

I normally add Hero compounds, but they have gluten in them. Try your regular recipe plus strawberry extract or strawberry syrup intended for flavoring coffees.

KristyCakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

I find my GF recipes to be very unpredictable. Last time I tried the box mix (Betty Crocker, I think?) I've added flavoring and substituted flavored liquids for the water. I found it to be better tasting. Be prepared to make extra, though, because they don't rise as much as nonGF cakes.

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:47am
post #4 of 5

Double check all ingredients and Clean everything very well! I have celiacs and can't eat out, because cross-contamination is a major problem. Celiacs can react to microscopic amounts of gluten.

I really like Pamela's mixes. I buy them at Publix. They come in a pink bag and make two 8 or 9 inch rounds. I haven't tried modifying one to strawberry. I don't like the Betty Crocker one at all.

JGMB Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

I have the book "Artisanal Gluten-Free Cupcakes" by Kelli and Peter Bronski. Although I haven't specifically tried the Strawberry Cupcake recipe, I've had great success with their other recipes.

It takes a lot of specialty ingredients like xanthan gum and sorghum flour. I'm willing to type it out and pm it to you if you think you'd actually try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%