Fondant/gumpast Blackpberry Phone

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm by MissCuteCupcakes

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

i have a order next week for a Vans sneaker cake along with a blackberry phone that does not need to be cake.

on ideas on how i can make one out of fondant/gumpaste or any other medium that would be easy. my biggest worry is the size of the buttons, since they are sooooo small.

TIA!

4 replies
elizaBakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

Rice krispie treat (My BB Torch is probably just about that size) would be a good idea..and then just covered in fondant or modeling chocolate and score the keypad instead of doing individual buttons. Just an idea-Good luck HTH

All4Show Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 5

Have you thought about using a chocolate mold. They have them made to look like all sorts of things. I use the different color Wilton candy melts in mine. I have a cell phone, tv remote mp3. I'll bet you could find a blackberry if you had time to order it.

snocilla Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know if you have a Blackberry, but I used some make your own mold putty from Micheals and made my own. Then I used candy melts, and painted wiith dusts and black icing color. It came out really nice. You can see mine in my pics.

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 5

wow, what great ideas!

@ elizaBakesi searched online for a chocolate blackberry mold but couldnt find any.

@All4Show the rice krispie treat sounds like a good idea

@snocilla and so does the mold putty from michaels. i do own a blackberry but would the kit affect my phone snocilla

the customer sent me a image of the blackberry that she would like, would a edible image work??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%