Help!! Torting And Freezing Layers

Decorating By vincenta Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 1:28pm by vincenta

vincenta Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 11:25am
post #1 of 3

Can I tort a cake, put dividers between the layers and then freeze it for a couple of days? I have to travel with the cakes so need to make them ahead of time so am hoping to do it this way and once I get to my destination I will thaw them and then put on the buttercrea/fondant.
I am just wondering if the dividers would stick to the layers. Really need your help on this and never had to do this before and not sure about the whole process.

2 replies
Dani1081 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 11:47am
post #2 of 3

I do that all the time - I bake, level, torte and then put waxed or parchment paper circles between the torted layers and wrap them up and freeze. They are sooooo easy and fast when you take them out of the freezer - you can get straight to the fun stuff!

vincenta Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks - it is always scary the first time you do something different. I was planning on putting the circles you buy at the cake decorating shops as I thought they were sturdier but then I wondered whether a dowel would go through it as it is a 2 tier cake and I thought that doweling would hold the layers together securely.
BTW had a look at your gallery... wow, your cakes are amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%