A Mock Restaurant Dessert Menu Question

Lounge By StormyHaze Updated 16 Oct 2011 , 7:24am by cabecakes

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! i have an assignment for a restaurant class, and they want me to develope a full menu. my type of establishment is a Bar and grill type of place, speciallizing in chicken wings, and hamburgers. think of a place where people like to go to watch foodball, or have wii tournaments. the idea is also that it has to be kind of a multicultural type of place.

I have everything but a desert menu. Its kind of hard to think of things for a wing place, as most of the time you just get sporty people whome want to drink. I didnt choose my establishment type. -.-

Anyways, so far i have in the brainstorm: pie, cheesecake, icecream.

What do you think, in what flavors? Im not asking for pricing (ill take care of that), but general ideas would be awesome.

Im thinking about adding an dog element to the make beleive restaurant, where people can bring their dogs.

6 replies
jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

How about things that go well with beer since that's what a lot of people drink at sports bars? For example, chocolate stout cake or cake with beer buttercream.

Another idea is bacon candy. I saw some on tv a while ago and hav been dying to try it.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 4:08am
post #3 of 7

I'm in Texas and those types of places (the non-chain, local, family owned type) usually have ice cream, real ice cream milk shakes, cake slices, brownies with choolate icing and pie (traditional flavors - apple, cherry, etc). Good luck with your assignment!

DreamofAngels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamofAngels Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 4:12am
post #4 of 7

Restaurant Impossible had dessert nachos that looked great. Cut and fried tortillas, tossed in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with white and dark chocolate. Rum balls and liquer soaked cakes sound like good ideas. Good luck!

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 4:13am
post #5 of 7

Milk shakes, sundaes, classic pies (or you can do something a little more exotic like banoffee pue or something like that), cupcakes, brownies and/or blondies, invidual fruit cobblets, and maybe something that can be eaten with your hands like fresh donut holes.

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamofAngels

Restaurant Impossible had dessert nachos that looked great. Cut and fried tortillas, tossed in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with white and dark chocolate. Rum balls and liquer soaked cakes sound like good ideas. Good luck!

I.. Ive never heard of such a thing!

Ive been going backand forth about the cupcake/cake idea. I mean, do beer drinkers really want that sort of thing?

Icecream makes sense i guess, as im assuming the adults will sometimes have a kid they have to bring.

Yknow, i actually have made n irish car bomb cake before, so i suppose that wouldnt be too far out of the question. cool idea.

Pie should be a definitely , right? That is almost always an option at a restaurant, classy or no. particularly apple pie. im wondering if i could get away with different flavors tha that, because i want to be realistic with the setting style and not go overboard. (i hope im not coming off the wrong way and being nitpicky :[ )

milkshakes also make sense. ill put that in the beverage category.

@ candied bacon idea:... link? o_0 that sounds so bizarre.. though bacon has been a real fad these past few years.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 7:24am
post #7 of 7

What about Hot Pretzels with assorted toppings? I'm thinking a dessert pizza might be good too. I like the doughnut idea as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%