Help Me Name My 'business'

Decorating By JLG Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 8:18pm by JLG

JLG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLG Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 8

I'm starting a little business with just neighbors/friends making allergy free cakes. I've had a lot of interest in friends needing cakes for their children so I thought I'd start a small (loosely called - Business). Dont' want to really get too formal with it. But, I do need some name.

I'm offering the most common allergy free type cakes needed and wanted a clever name in the event it does turn into a full fledge business.

What would your thoughts be on the following names:

U R Special Cakes or You Are Special Cakes
Special for You Cakes
Your Special Cakes

Any other thoughts, I'm open. Being gluten free myself, I know alittle more about it than the average person, and I wanted to have a cute name but not a name that would turn someone off.

Thanks!

7 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 8

I don't really care for any of those names. They are really not descriptive of what you are selling. Problem is I don't have a good suggestion on what you should call your business. I'll have to think on it a while longer. icon_redface.gif

heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoid

I don't really care for any of those names. They are really not descriptive of what you are selling. Problem is I don't have a good suggestion on what you should call your business. I'll have to think on it a while longer. icon_redface.gif

I was thinking the same thing. None of those names say make me think you'd specialize in allergy free.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:25am
post #4 of 8

My daughter says you should call it Care Free Cakes, specializing in Custom Allergy free cakes.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 10:44am
post #5 of 8

I agree that you really need a name that speaks to your target market. We started an allergy-friendly bakery in CA a few years ago -- our business name is "The Allergy-Friendly Patisserie", with "Let Them Eat Cake" as our d/b/a (we use both names together in branding).

If you are making allergy-free cakes it is critical that you have liability insurance to protect yourself in case something happens, the nature of food allergies makes it possible for cross-contamination to occur after you deliver the cake and you could potentially be blamed.

butterlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterlove Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 11:56am
post #6 of 8

I actually think sweettreat101's suggestion of 'Carefree Cakes' is pretty cute. You could call it The Carefree Patisserie, The Carefree Cake House or Carefree Cakes and Confections - try something just to make it sound a little bit more posh.

You could have a whimsical little heart logo designed that shows you care.

Just my two cents ...hope you find the name that feels right for you and all the best with your business!

JLG Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone for the great ideas. As far as the liability -you are 100% correct. That is the #1 top priority because of the massive problems it can cause. Thanks for the reminder of that.

JLG Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 8:18pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone for the great ideas. As far as the liability -you are 100% correct. That is the #1 top priority because of the massive problems it can cause. Thanks for the reminder of that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%