Calla Lily

Decorating By 11carol Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 9:13pm by milkmaid42

11carol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11carol Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,

I am wondering does anyone have a goof tutorial on calla lillies please. I am looking to pit a long stem on them also.

Thanks fot looking
Carol

8 replies
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 9

I found this tutorial a couple of months ago and found it very easy to follow. I had never done any gumpaste flowers before and they came out very nice. I later took the Wilton's class and found these looked better in my opinion. http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/gum-paste-calla-lily.html

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 9

Callas are one of the easiest fondant or gp flowers to make.
If I understand waht you want to do you will make stems all around a cake and top them t\\w/lillies right?
Or do you want the lilies to stand up on top of a cake like they are in a vase?

Just to make the flower, roll you fondant or gp thin; cut with a heart cookie cutter. The point/bottom of the heart is the top part of the lily. Make the pistel ahead and wrap the heart around it - overlapping the part of the heart that usually is the top just enough to particially enclose the pistel.
You can lightly ruffle the sides of the heart or not - which ever look you desire.
If you have trouble understand the instructions I can take pix making one and send them to you. Just pm me is you want that.

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 9

You can also paint the piston with egg white (or edible glue) and then dip it in corn flour. Do this before you add the petal. Let it dry completely first.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 9

There was a thread a short time ago on callas. Maybe this will help you a little.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-731132.html

As kakeladi said, they are easy to make and can give you a great feeling of satisfaction.

Jan

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 9

This is taught in the Wilton C3, Gum Paste & Fondant class. Here are some online instructions: http://www.wilton.com/technique/Calla-Lily-1

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 9

cc,s tonedna has a video on u tube showing how to make and color calla lilies.
At least she did at one time.

11carol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11carol Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 9

Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies and instructions. The origianl plan was for 3 seperate layers for a swan tier with some plain 4 leaf flowers on the bottom. However, I was thinking the the top of the cakes would look a little plain so was going to pop some lillies on the top....What does everyone think?

Thanks again....everyone is such a help.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 9

Not to change your plans too much, but why don't you use water lilies instead of callas? Are you still using swans? If you have the time, they would fit the theme of your cake. They take a little time to make since the various stages have to have time to dry, but are very effective.

Hope to see what you decide to do.

Jan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%