Stop The Grease Spots!!

Baking By KuyaRomeo Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 7:01am by Whispur

KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 7

We are testing our products in the cake/cookie/cupcake boxes to get things perfected before opening day.

Noticed that our cookies are leaving grease spots on the bottom and the side, if the cookie touches the box. I use all butter, which may be why this is happening . . not sure.

I opted to insert a doily in the bottom, hoping to help things out (another cost), but not sure what to do about the sides. I don't want to put the cookies in any sort of wrap or paper . . as we specifically picked the boxes with the plastic clear windows that wrap around from top to front side.

If it matters, I am using the all natural brown boxes, as this is the look and feel we think best represents us (all natural from scratch)

Any suggestions?

6 replies
heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:46am
post #2 of 7

Hope you get a good answer to this. I call it my love/hate relationship with butter. I have a couple of shirts with spots that will NOT come out.

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:07am
post #3 of 7

Maybe use a round doily that is larger than your box so it goes about an inch or 2 up the edges to stop the grease? Hope you find something that works icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:09am
post #4 of 7

I have a similar problem with with cupcakes in the brown boxes. I really hope someone has an idea for you. I feel like there should be away to coat the inside of the boxes or buy coated boxes but as you said...that's just another expense.

Here is a thought. Could you do something pretty with wax paper. I'm thinking cut a piece that is long enough to go across the bottom and the two sides (not windowed). Use scrapbook scissors to cut a pattern around the edge to add a special touch and make it look cuteicon_smile.gif I may have to try this myself now that I'm thinking about iticon_smile.gif

Oh and FYI, I have the issue with frosting since I don't do cookies.

KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:42am
post #5 of 7

Glad I am not the only one with the issue icon_smile.gif

I like your idea of the wax paper design . . however, I just don't have time to do that for all the volume.

Cupcakes may work better for me, as I buy the larger boxes due to the high mountain of buttercream I use . .and the inserts . . so the sides and top should (theoretically) be protected . . but the bottom will still get greasy looking.

Perhaps I should invest in a paper cutter and do bulk cuts of wax paper to at least coat the bottoms of the boxes . .

Geesh . . as if I didn't have enough to do already icon_sad.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:52am
post #6 of 7

Bakert wax paper comes in boxes like tissue boxes, pre-cut, in various sizes. Just make sure you choose food safe when searching for paper online. My Sam's club has it in the right size for my boxes.

Whispur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whispur Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 7:01am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Bakert wax paper comes in boxes like tissue boxes, pre-cut, in various sizes. Just make sure you choose food safe when searching for paper online. My Sam's club has it in the right size for my boxes.

This is similar to what I was going to suggest. Pre-cut wax paper that will go up the sides seems like a good idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%