How To Make Headlights That Light Up On Truck

Decorating By DarleneCh Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 8:46pm by Motorhead

DarleneCh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarleneCh Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 12:33am
post #1 of 6

Hi- does anyone have idea how to make working headlights on a truck cake? How about brake lights? Thanks so much!

5 replies
KimLynnC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimLynnC Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 6

In the bridal section at Wal-mart or even Hobby Lobby there are these individual lights that you twist the end to turn on. You can push those into the cake where the headlights are. The only thing is you have to turn them on before you put them into the cake, so do that right before the cake is presented. I think they last several hours.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:45am
post #3 of 6

Depending on how you are making/decorating the cake could you incorporate the wired battery LED lights? Two at the front for the headlamps and put them behind boiled sweets/poured sugar to make them coloured for the back.

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 6

I would use very bright white and red L.E.D. lights. They are easy to find at any auto store icon_smile.gif

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 6

I would use very bright white and red L.E.D. lights. They are easy to find at any auto store icon_smile.gif

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 6

i've done a tractor with lights and a couple trucks with lights. i wired the truck with lights and strung the wire through bubble tea straws that i had put in the cake. very messy ordeal. i then connected the wire to a battery when i needed them lit.
the second time i was a bit smarter and purchased some finger led lights (they velcro around your fingers-why i don't know!!) and i just took the velcro off and used them as they were. just made a little pocket for them, (they come in different colors) and stuck them into the cake. made them removable so i could turn them on when i needed to. that seemed to be the easiest way. i also used the led method in my lighthouse cake as well. hth. and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%